欢迎来到陕西自考网!为考生提供陕西自考信息服务,网站信息供学习交流使用,非政府官方网站,官方信息以陕西教育考试院https://www.sneea.cn/为准。

联系我们:  02987879230

距10月准考证打印时间预计41

距4月自考考试时间还有50

考生服务:

陕西自考网> 试题题库列表页> Tension in life can increase the likelihood of getting a stomach ulcer.

密押卷(1)

卷面总分:100分     试卷年份:2023.04    是否有答案:    作答时间: 120分钟   

答题卡
收起答题卡 ^

试题序号

Tension in life can increase the likelihood of getting a stomach ulcer.


  • A、True


  • B、False


  • C、Not Given


上一题 下一题

更多题目 请在 下方输入框 内输入要搜索的题目:

下面的短文有5处空白,短文后有6个句子,其中5个取自短文,请根据短文内容将其分别放回原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。

The Origin of Mother's Day

In the U. S. Mothers' Day is a holiday celebrated on the second Sunday in May. It is a day when children honor their mothers with cards, gifts, and flowers. First observance was in Philadelphia in 1907.   26   

Although it wasn't celebrated in the U. S. until 1907, there were days honoring mothers even in the days of ancient Greece.     27   

Later, in the 1600's, in England there was an annual observance called“Mothering Sunday".     28  On Mothering Sunday, the servants, who generally lived with their employers, were encouraged to return home and honor their mothers. It was traditional for them to bring a special cake along to celebrate the occasion.

Mother's Day was first suggested in the United States in 1872 by Julia Ward Howe as a day dedicated to peace. In 1907 Ana Jarvis, from Philadelphia, began a campaign to establish a national Mother's Day. Jarvis persuaded her mother's church in Grafton, West Virginia to celebrate Mother's Day on the second anniversary of her mother's death, the 2nd Sunday of May. The next year Mother's Day was also celebrated in Philadelphia.

Jaris and others began a letter-writing campaign to ministers, businessmen, and politicians in their quest to establish a national Mother's Day.  ____29____ President Woodrow Wilson, in 1914, made the official announcement proclaiming Mother's Day a national observance that was to be held each year on the 2nd Sunday of May.

 ____30____Denmark, Finland, Italy, Turkey, Australia, and Belgium celebrate Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May, as in the U. S.

 

A. Mother's day should not be just another day with a few flowers thrown in.

B. In those days, however, it was Rhea, the Mother of the gods that was given honor.

C. Many other countries of the world celebrate their own Mother's Day at different times throughout the year.

D. They were successful.

E. It was celebrated during June, on the fourth Sunday.

F. It is based on suggestions by Julia Ward Howe in 1872 and by Anna Jarvis in 1907


Task 1

16. Paragraph     ①    

17. Paragraph      ②    

18. Paragraph     ③    

19. Paragraph     ④    

20. Paragraph     ⑤    

A. What does the Calorimeter Look Like Inside?

B. What Program Was Designed for the Experiment?

C. What Is a Calorimeter?

D. Try to Find out Why People Gain and Lose Weight

E. How do the Volunteers Kill the Time?

F. Why did Nicola Join in the Experiments?


下面的短文有10处空白,短文后列出12个词,其中10个取自短文,请根据短文内容将其分别放回原有位置,以恢复文章原貌。

A Thirsty World

The world is not only hungry;it is also thirsty for water. This may seem strange to you since nearly 75%of the earth's surface is     31    with water. But about 97%of this huge amount is sea-water, or salty water. Man can only drink and use the other 3%—the  ____32___ water that comes from rivers, lakes, underground, and other sources. And we cannot even use all of that, because some of it is in the form of icebergs and glaciers. Even  ____33___, some of it has been polluted.

At the moment, this small amount of fresh water is still enough for us. However, our demand for water is increasing     34    Only if we take steps to deal with this problem now can we avoid a severe worldwide water  ____35___ later on.

In addition to stopping wasting our precious water, one useful step we should take is to     36   ways of reusing it.

Today, in most large cities, water is used only     37    and it eventually returns to the sea or runs into underground storage tanks, But it is  ____38___ to pipe water that has been used to a purifying (净化) plant, There it can be filtered and treated with chemicals so that it can be used again just as if it were fresh from a spring.

But even if every large city purified and     39    its water, we still would not have enough. Where could we turn next?To the oceans!We can make use of the vast amount of sea-water by re-moving the salt. This salt-removing     40    is already in use in many parts of the world.

A. used

B. fresh

C. develop

D. process

E. possible

F. shortage

G. worse

H. reused

I. rapidly

J. covered

K. new

L. once


扫码查看答案

扫码查看试题答案

扫码小程序选择报考专业

进入免费做题学习

查看了解自考专业

查询最新政策公告

进入历年真题学习